Partnership Working to help those with a learning disability and or Autism
A drive to make sure those with learning difficulties or who are on the Autism Spectrum receive all the financial help they are entitled is helping scores of people through out Caerphilly Blaenau Gwent.
Spearheaded by the Citizens Advice Service in Gwent, advisers are working with partners to reach out to people who have a learning difficulty or an Autism Spectrum diagnosis and make sure they are receiving all the support available to them..
The Welsh Government Single Advice Fund project sees a number of specialist advisers working with other partners to identify those who have been referred for further investigation or maybe have difficulties but don’t yet have any support.
David Williams, a specialist adviser with Citizens Advice Caerphilly Blaenau Gwent, is working with colleagues from Citizens Advice Torfaen, said: “There are a number of benefits available to those who have a learning difficulty or diagnosis of Autism but many households are unaware of the support out there.
“We are also looking to help those with Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Williams Syndrome, Asperger’s syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, Global Development Delay, behavioural problem and Epilepsy with associated learning difficulty.”
For more information call us on 07957 299748.
Notes to editors
More information for press and communications colleagues, email: email@example.com Mobile: 07398901977
The Citizens Advice Gwent Partnership
- The Citizens Advice Gwent partnership is made up of the 3 Citizens Advice services in the region. These are Citizens Advice Caerphilly Blaenau Gwent, Torfaen and Newport.
- The Test and Learn project benefitted from the Welsh Government Single Advice Fund and is due to end in March 2021.
- Citizens Advice Newport are leading the project with partners Mencap Cymru.
- Advisors will provide services in Caerphilly Blaenau Gwent, Newport and Torfaen.
- To speak to an advisor call us on 07957 299748.
- For more information on the Test and Learn Project, contact Emma Gray firstname.lastname@example.org or Oliver Craner email@example.com