Dedicated, well-trained volunteers are the key to how we help thousands of people solve their problems every year.
All kinds of people have skills that we can use and no specific qualifications are needed before you start. We will train and support you every step of the way.
We asked our workers why they volunteer; these are some of their replies:
- We use our existing skills and learn new ones
- We can use our knowledge and experience
- It will look really good on my CV
- I’d used the service myself and thought “I could do that…”
- I’m getting really valuable experience
- I can put something back into the community
- I’m too young to retire
There are many volunteer roles within Citizens Advice Caerphilly Blaenau Gwent and you’re sure to find one that fits your skills, experience or interests. We can be very flexible about the times you volunteer, but we ask for a minimum of 8-12 hours per week commitment if you want to train as an adviser.
As a volunteer with Citizens Advice Caerphilly Blaenau Gwent you will be joining a national service providing free and independent advice to over 5 million people a year. Although the Citizens Advice service is the world’s largest independent advice giving agency, its roots and its strength lie with the contribution of local volunteers in their local communities.